In addition to eating these liver-healthy foods, it is important to avoid eating processed foods and foods that are high in fat and sugar.
(Natural News) The liver, which is the largest organ in the body, plays various important roles in the metabolic processes of the body, including filtering toxins from the blood and converting food to energy. Therefore, it is important to take the steps to improve liver health and avoid liver disease. You can improve liver health through diet. There are certain foods and herbs that especially keep the liver healthy, such as:
- Blueberries: Although most fruits and berries are good for health, blueberries are healthier because they contain the most flavonoids and anthocyanins. These compounds are known for their extremely potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Broccoli: Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, are great foods to eat for liver health because they have a protective effect against liver problems, such as fatty liver disease. They work by preventing fat uptake and increasing lipid output.
- Dark leafy greens: Dark leafy green vegetables such as chard, collard greens, kale, and spinach are some of the healthiest foods you can eat. They also do a great job in supporting and maintaining liver health as they are packed with flavonoids, antioxidants, carotenoids, and vitamin C.
- Garlic: Garlic is not only widely used in cooking, but also in medicine. It a well-known superfood that offers many health benefits. It has antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. Eating garlic can also help reduce inflammation, at the same time, strengthening the immune system.
- Green tea: Drinking green tea on a regular basis can help keep your liver healthy. It has powerful antioxidant properties that can help neutralize and remove the free radicals from the body that harms health. It also has the ability to reduce fat buildup.
- Pineapple: Pineapple is a delicious tropical fruit that has anti-inflammatory digestive enzymes. These enzymes help metabolize food and get rid of stress in the liver. Moreover, this fruit is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B1, magnesium, and potassium, which help reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice widely used in Indian food, but it is more than that. It is actually often used for its therapeutic properties because of the high amounts of curcuminoids it contains. Curcuminoids are healthy compounds that reduce inflammation and support the liver, kidneys, and bile production, resulting in a more effective digestion. (Related: 10 Powerful Herbs for Liver Health.)
Read Full Story Here