Grieving Mom Warns Parents About the Easter Candy That Killed Her 5-Year-Old Daughter
Amazing Health Advances Subscribe to Amazing Health Advances
An AHA Advertisement

To receive daily emails from Amazing Health Advances to your inbox CLICK HERE

Grieving Mom Warns Parents About the Easter Candy That Killed Her 5-Year-Old Daughter

Kelsey Straeter — Faithit.com
Mar 13, 2018

“If your children enjoy these chocolate treats please watch them extra close and remind them to sit down whilst eating them or avoid them altogether.”

[Faithit.com] With new child safety and choking hazard warnings popping up almost daily, the Internet can become a worried mother’s worst nightmare. But it’s also become a key platform for grieving parents to share their own experiences so that others may be spared the same heartache.

While choking hazards regarding grapes have been circulating the web for the past couple of years, a similarly-shaped Easter candy posing equal danger has slipped under the radar.

Three years after losing her five-year-old daughter, Sophie, one UK mother is speaking out about the mini egg that tragically took her child’s life.

“With Easter coming up I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my child,” she wrote on Mum’s Advice blog. “It has been just short of three years since my precious little girl Sophie passed away she had choked on a mini egg and I was unable to [dislodge] it.”

Though she frantically attempted to free the candy lodged in Sophie’s throat with all the proper techniques, including ‘back slaps’ and ‘pushing up and under her ribs’, her efforts sadly could not save her daughter.

“I had done a first aid course only six months prior to this event so all the techniques to help a choking child were still fresh in my mind but it didn’t help, I watched the light slip away from my babies eyes,” she shared. “I tried in vain to save her. Sophie was 5 1/2 so not a tiny tot yet this seemingly harmless treat took my angel away.”

While the heartbroken mama knows there’s nothing she can do to bring her angel back, she prays her experience may serve as a warning to other parents who may not be aware of this seemingly-harmless but potentially-deadly candy.

“If your children enjoy these chocolate treats please watch them extra close and remind them to sit down whilst eating them or avoid them altogether,” she cautioned.

Sophie’s mom also explained that this is not an isolated incident, citing several examples of other parents who have posted similar stories.

“Since Sophie’s passing I have seen many other parents posting into ‘mum groups’ or their personal Facebook timelines saying their child had also choked on mini eggs.”

She finds consolation in knowing that if her story saves just one life, her daughter’s death will not be in vain:

“Please parents be careful I would hate to know another child had been harmed by these Easter treats, if just one person reads this and watches their toddler, child or teen extra close when eating these my daughter’s death will not be in vain. I would love to have them removed from the shelves but I know this will not happen, but getting parents to be extra vigilant is the best I can do, please watch your babies.”

Click Here For More Information


 

 

 

 





Amazing Health Advances