To receive daily emails from Amazing Health Advances to your inbox CLICK HERE
Ditch the Toxic Pharmaceuticals and Make Your Own Body Care Products
The products you can make with these ingredients include: whitening toothpaste, mouthwash, sunscreen, moisturizer, bug-away spray, shampoo, conditioner, lip balm, facial cleanser and deodorant.
[Natural News] It’s no secret that Big Pharma and cosmetic companies generate billions of dollars each year by selling a huge array of body care products. Most of these chemical-based products include harmful ingredients that are toxic when absorbed into the skin. Manufacturers funnel revenues into lawmakers’ pockets to ensure their ongoing support. With the support of deceptive media and marketing techniques, the general public have been led to believe that not only are pharmaceuticals the best line of defense against poor hygiene, but that they are the only things keeping us safe from the perils of disease-causing bacteria, germs and viruses. (Photo Credit: Pixabay)
There are toxic ingredients like mercury, lead, aluminum and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, parabens, chemical fragrances, fluorides, plastics, petrochemicals (among many others) are found in everything from hand-washes, lipsticks, eye-liners, mouthwashes, shampoos, deodorants, conditioners, toothpastes, body washes, lotions, sunscreens and moisturizers. As a result of regular use, these products can cause untold damage to our health and our immune system. Thankfully, nature provides us with some potent and affordable non-toxic body care product alternatives that will keep the body fresh, clean and ready to be seen!
Why Risk Commercial Body Care Products?
Your skin is a truly remarkable organ. The largest organ in your body, the protective barrier to the outer world. However, since the skin is also incredibly absorbent and is exposed to everything we come into contact with. It is understandable that the skin is also one of the most susceptible organs to health problems. That’s why it’s important we take good care of it, but not in the way pharmaceutical companies would like you to!
Your skin is your body’s detoxification pathway where it pushes toxins up through its three million sweat glands. When we are constantly applying thick creams, moisturizers and commercial sunscreens that are full of toxins, we actually counteract our skin’s natural detox process. This is why it is imperative to use healthy and natural products on your skin, instead of using chemicals that may feel good to the touch but which put the body’s natural systems under pressure. Or, better yet, MAKE YOUR OWN body care products! That way you know exactly what is going into the products you and your family use each day. You can feel safe knowing there is nothing toxic entering your body or flowing down your bathroom drain.
Making Your Own Non-Toxic Body Care Products
I’ve listed some great natural ingredients for your homemade body care product recipes below. The products you can make with these ingredients include: whitening toothpaste, mouthwash, sunscreen, moisturizer, bug-away spray, shampoo, conditioner, lip balm, facial cleanser and deodorant.
Because they’re all-natural and non-toxic, you can also try experimenting with combinations of these ingredients yourself at home.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar not only has many benefits to your internal body but also is an excellent beauty product for all your hair and skin needs, from head to toe. ACV is cheap, abundant and, due to its high acidity, balances the pH levels of your skin and hair while leaving you with a soft beautiful glow.
- Baking Soda (also known as Bicarbonate of Soda) is a gentle alkaline powder that cleans, whitens and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Baking soda will also draw out toxins, which makes it a wonderful ingredient for your homemade products. You can find baking soda at any grocery store and it is very cheap.
- Beeswax is a natural wax produced by honeybees in their beehive. Beeswax has many uses, but in skin products, once applied to the skin, it forms a protective and moisturizing layer on the skin’s surface. It also contains anti-bacterial properties. (Just be sure to buy beeswax that is produced ethically.)
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil has so many great uses and can be used for almost all your body care needs. Coconut oil has anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. It helps to improve circulation while moisturizing, and decreasing redness or puffiness in the skin. Coconut oil is effective for treating dermal conditions like dry, itchy or scaly skin. It works as an effective makeup remover. Coconut oil is also ideal for oil pulling, an ancient Ayurvedic treatment that helps to improve the balance of flora in the mouth, thereby addresses the systemic causes of many dental issues. (Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons)
- Jojoba Oil is a botanical extract from the seed of a jojoba tree. It can be used as a make-up remover, conditioner, facial cleanser, massage and bath oil, body moisturizer, lip conditioner and much more. It has been said to be very close to the consistency of human skin oils, thus it is able to clean the pores without clogging them.
- Macadamia oil can help your skin retain moisture, promotes healing, reduces acne and other scars. It helps the skin to regain/retain its elasticity. It contains Omega-7 fats, which is a great source of nourishment for the skin’s collagen, which both strengthens the skin and reduces the appearance of lines.
- Vitamin E Oil is a strong antioxidant that prevents premature aging and promotes healing. An ideal moisturizer, it is used in many products for the skin and nails.
- Citrus Juices such as orange and lemon juices are great as a natural “chemical peel”. They clear pores, help to smooth and clarify the complexion. Best to use them in combination with other moisturizing ingredients, as lemon juice in particular may dry the skin slightly.
- Castor Oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties. It is effective for spot treatments, such as acne, and is also useful for treating persistently dry/cracked skin.
- Aloe Vera juice is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, and is great for moisturizing the skin. It is also full of vitamins, including vitamin A, C and E, for healthy skin, hair and nails.